With sculpted sand dunes, crusted salt flats, and polished marble canyons, Death Valley is as close as you can get to another planet.
This book tells you what you need to know to plan the perfect trip for you:
• Strategies for how to get there, how long it will take, and where to stop along the way
• Hikes to abandoned mining camps, remote ghost towns, and hidden springs
• The most scenic backcountry roads in and around the park
• The best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or bed down indoors
• Excursions beyond the park boundaries to offbeat sights like the Amargosa Opera House and the Trona Pinnacles